This workshop is designed to help leaders develop strategies for managing staff and performance. There are inevitably times when conversations about performance pose challenges, particularly when there are difficult issues to confront. However, there are tried and tested approaches for handling these situations effectively. This workshop looks in detail at one of these approaches and, through practical exercises, aims to build participants’ confidence and skill in handling these crucial conversations.
Who should attend?
Leaders at all levels with responsibility for developing others. The workshop is suitable for leaders in primary, secondary and special schools.
Participants on this programme will:
- Identify the characteristics of successful and unsuccessful conversations about performance.
- Work through a step-by-step process for structuring difficult conversations effectively.
- Apply this process and its relevant skills to a real and current issue.
- Understand and overcome barriers to effective conversations about performance.
- Confidence in using a proven format to instigate and manage difficult conversations.
- Utilise this format as an enabling tool for both parties.