At Kingfisher we take the safeguarding of all pupils very seriously. The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is the Head of School, Sue Caine with Assistant Heads, Jenni Cryer and Suzanne Pass being the second named Leads.
If you have any queries or questions around safeguarding issues at Kingfisher, then please contact one of the named Leads through the school office, or via e-mail:
School safeguarding procedures are outlined in the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Any safeguarding issues which arise out of school hours, please contact the Local Authority Multi- Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0161 770 7777.
Kingfisher’s named Safeguarding Governor is Janet Wray. Her role is to:
- Ensure that school keeps up to date with statutory guidance and any advice issued by the local safeguarding children’s board
- Ensure school has up to date policies around safeguarding and child protection and handling any allegations against staff
- Support the Local Governing Body in developing their understanding of their safeguarding responsibilities and report back to them about safeguarding issues
- Meet regularly with the DSL to monitor policies and procedures and check that all staff and governors are have the appropriate level of training
- Monitor the Single Central record (SCR) with the DSL