Welcome to the Wrens Class!
Teacher: Emily Barley
TAs: Madeleine Morris, Nic Meyers and Chloe Riley
Mid Day Leader: Rachel Williamson
On The Move
The Wrens had a lovely first half-term whilst learning through our topic of ‘On the Move’.
During our sensory story, ‘The Wrens go on a Journey’, we used our senses to explore the different resources relating to going to the park. We especially enjoyed the fan being blown on our faces and the water spray at the end!
In sensory exploration, we loved watching the adult blowing bubbles and singing the bubble song. We also loved exploring the treasure baskets and playing with the different toys with our friends, especially the balls.
We enjoyed exploring Autumnal resources in the tuff tray. We loved touching the crunchy leaves and the cold pumpkin ice cubes. Outdoor learning this term was lots of fun! We spent time on different playgrounds exploring the space and listened to the wind chimes together.
The Wrens loved our messy play sessions. We made hand prints of pumpkins, black and white paint pictures for our ‘Positive Looking’ display and even had a tuff tray of foam to explore and sit inside.
The MILE room has been a huge hit in the Wrens. We loved exploring the different lights, especially bubble tube. Some children loved spending time in the ball pool and throwing the balls into the air.
Well done Wrens on your first term! We wish you all a happy and restful half term break.
At Kingfisher we use Signalong as a part of a Total Communication Approach, we are constantly using core vocabulary with the children to support their language development and then through each of our topics we introduce new signs and language, which extends their vocabulary further. We also have two “Signs of the Week” which helps maintain and extend key knowledge and skills of everyday vocabulary.
Each half term we will be creating a short video showcasing and demonstrating signs relavent for the current term so that you can learn the signs and further this learning at home.
Click play to watch this half terms Signalong video!
If your child has a school dinner, the school menus can be accessed by clicking here. For children who bring a packed lunch, please remember to provide healthy and balanced options. We are a Healthy School and will be focusing on healthy eating and how children can make healthy lifestyle choices.
How You Can Help at Home
The following activities are suggested as appropriate homework activities which you can enjoy with your child and reinforce the learning we are focussing on this half term-
- Take your child on a journey in the autumn and winter weather. Notice their responses, do they like the experience?
- Take your child out in different weathers in different settings. What are their responses? Can you send us a photograph via Seesaw?
- Give your child a winter themed tray or cold foods such as ice cream, squirty cream to look like snow? Will they watch it if you squirt the cream from a height and watch it fall? Do they use both hands to explore? Do they enjoy the different textures?
- Listen to stories and songs on YouTube such as ‘Let it go’ and ‘Little snowflake’.
- Use Intensive Interaction with your child– copy the sounds, movements and actions that your child makes and watch and wait to see how they respond when you mirror what they are doing.
- Watch the Signalong videos on our school website with your child and practice the different signs.